NUTR 3090 Lecture Notes - Lecture 38: Pedometer, Ipaq, Indirect Calorimetry

15 views4 pages

Document Summary

Interviewer asks the respondent to recall everything consumed in the past 24hr. Interviewer assists the respondent to describe intake in detail: Some of the techniques to enhance food portion size estimation. Use standard kitchen measures (i. e. cups, tablespoons, teaspoons) if possible. Can use hands or household items to estimate. Ca(cid:374) (cid:373)easure di(cid:373)e(cid:374)sio(cid:374)s of so(cid:373)e ite(cid:373)s with a ruler (cid:894)co(cid:373)(cid:373)o(cid:374)l(cid:455) fou(cid:374)d i(cid:374) ho(cid:373)e(cid:895) (cid:894)i. e. 2 (cid:454) Some items can be counted (i. e. number of eggs, pieces of fruit, slices of bread) Analysis of food records: method #1: compare food record to recommended intake of food groups, method #2: analyze macro-and micronutrient intakes. Ewcfg is based on the dris, which are meant to be applied to healthy people. It may not be appropriate for patients with different diseases or conditions. Link your dietary intake with nutrient databases: note: program is only as good as the nutrient database it links to.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers