PSYC 1000 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Sign Language, Language Development, Puberty

15 views4 pages

Document Summary

The effortless way with which children pickup language(s) Natural occurring phenomena that occurs unless there is any brain damage. Someone can go through acquisition process and learn 3 languages---- but must you can pick up language skills don(cid:859)t need to learn it be done when the person is quite young. The effortful (and imperfect) way with which adults learn an additional language. E(cid:395)ui(cid:396)es t(cid:396)ai(cid:374)i(cid:374)g e(cid:454). lea(cid:396)(cid:374)i(cid:374)g se(cid:272)o(cid:374)d la(cid:374)guage i(cid:374) (cid:455)ou(cid:396) 40(cid:859)s. The effortlessness and perfection of acquisition of language by children indicates that there is a window during which languages can be acquired. Longitudinal design: take people 6 months and again 6 months later and again in 6 months. Researcher used his son and his son to learn how he learns language. Noticed that his wife and him simplified their language and when son started to learn they also started to expand their vocabulary.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers