PSYC 1000 Lecture Notes - Lecture 17: Agoraphobia, Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, Operant Conditioning

41 views4 pages

Document Summary

Anxiety disorders: frequency and intensity of anxiety response is out of proportion to the situation, anxiety interferes with daily life. Four components of the anxiety response: emotional symptoms, feelings of tension, apprehension, cognitive symptoms, worry, thoughts about inability to cope, physiological symptoms. Increased heart rate: muscle tension, other autonomic arousal symptoms, behavioural symptoms, avoidance of feared situations, decreased task performance. Oh my god i have brain cancer, i have a headache cognitive symptom. I was always nervous, edgy emotional symptom. I broke out in a cold sweat physiological response. Called ambulance behavioural symptom (at the time he feels it is serious, but people around him may feel dismissive) Generalized anxiety disorder: feel physiological responses and you"re not entirely sure why, fairly common 5% of the population, to be diagnosed it needs to be prolonged (happened for more than a month)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers