Tuesday, January 10, 2017
What is social psychology?
- “Man (human) is by nature a social animal” Aristotle, c. 328 B.C.
- How are humans connected
- social psychology is the study of
• social thinking
• social influences
• social relatedness
- the scientific study of the way in which a person’s thoughts, feelings, and behaviours are
influenced by the real or imagined presence of other people
What is Science?
- a field must adopt a set of values and methods to be considered a scientific field
- three of these values must be
- scientific method is a systematic observation, description, and measurement