PSYC 2360 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Blood Pressure, Blood Sugar, Static Variable

30 views7 pages

Document Summary

Any event situation that can generate more than one value. Situational variables: describes characteristics of a situation, number of bystanders in an emergency. Response variables: reaction time, degree of helping in an emergency, variables measured in response. Participant variables: characteristics of individuals i. e. sex, introversion and extroversion, orthogonal inserts (being included) Mediating variables: help explain the terrible misinterpretation in the media, two variables that seem like they are causing something but are not i. e. does smelling farts cure cancer, psychological process that happens in the middle. Number of bystanders: the fewer number of bystanders, the less diffusion of responsibility, number of bystanders that affects the sense of responsibility. How responsible i feel is what connects to the number of bystanders. Defines the operations or techniques the researcher will use to measure or manipulate a variable: feeling of love for someone, how do you measure, ratings on a rating scale, basically, saying how we quantify human emotion.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers