PSYC 2740 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Criterion Validity, Social Desirability Bias, Predictive Validity

24 views3 pages

Document Summary

Self-report data (s-data) - the information a person reveals about themselves. Cons: may not be standardized: use of routine stats may be limited, structured - true or false, responses are set. Includes: dichotomous (i. e. , forced-choice, example: i can be hard on myself - true or false, example: if i do well on an exam, i think that I am a smart person or the course is easy: likert-ratings, example: i like being the life of the party rate: (1-5) Observer-report data (o-data) - involves gathering data from other individuals (i. e. , not the self) Pros: access to unique data and multiple informants. Cons: objectivity and respondents may not be able to infer internal processes (e. g. , feelings: may be collected in a naturalistic or artificial setting. Test data (t-data) - to see if different people react differently to the same situation (standardized) That can be gleaned from the events, activities, and outcomes in a person"s life that are available to public scrutiny.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers