PSYC 3030 Lecture Notes - Lecture 12: Bullfighting, Ananova, Pow Wow

21 views4 pages

Document Summary

Stages of competence: effective communication - isomorphic attribution (triandis, 1977, four stages of competence (howell,1982) Unconscious incompetence when using your own lifestyle, bias, norms and attribute it to situations without realizing it ex. Conscious incompetence you norms are difference from a difference culture but you have no framework to understand or appreciate it: ex. Bullfighting could not take in that this is what the spanish culture does since it"s not something that i/we are used to in canada: anti-bullfighting in spain, personal example when i went to my first pow-wow. Conscious competence and understanding that there are different cultures and you try your best to accommodate the others norms. Unconscious competence you are competent in your own culture that you don"t even have to think about it ex. Source & structure of message: best sources of message. Collectivist older males and famous families: structure of message. Individualist linear, conclusions is supported through inductive or deductive reasoning.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers