SOC 3490 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Social Change, Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Analog Science Fiction And Fact

58 views2 pages

Document Summary

Short answer theories, application 4/6 vago nelson. An astounding 1/3 of all : law not colourblind. Rising above the law not the law itself released me from my own prison sentence . Ex. were all in a prison agree/disagree. Aboriginal: starlight tours, highway of tears (vancouver aboriginal women and no one investigated their disappearance) P. 26 in the end the justice system, like the govt itself : state work to interests of status quo, marxist approach. P. 55 mafia, police, schools, prisons : 56 violence only begets more violence . P. 57 we are all born free but immediately . P. 91 prison is a society w/i a society . P. 103 the war on drugs was and is a fantasy . Concerned w conflict and conflict resolution (courts or alternative legal measures) Concerned w authority, human rights, relship b/w public & private. Concerned w rules in society that govern behaviour: law created them. Jargon, unofficial, who goes to prison & why, who doesn"t.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers