January 22, 2013 (VBA Datatypes)
January-22-13 10:02 AM
Midterm Exam: February 14, 2013?
- Will be delivered in the lab.
In VBA, unlike Excel in general, we have to specify data types (the types of data we will be working
with). It has some impact on how someexpressions are evaluated.
- It's better to specify what the data is at the end.
○ Half of the total in programming.
○ A program transforms data from input to output.
○ Need to store data efficiently.
○ Need data to be in correct format for processing by programming statements.
- Most commonlyused datatypes are:
- Often a program has to "remember"data while it's running.
- Much the same as a human does.
- Problemswith naming.
○ There are some rules