Gender equity gap in income
- Minimum wage or living wage?
o Women are working shorter hours.
o Government services with lots of women were being privatized, contracted or cut
- Who’s counting women in now?
o Unpaid work is perhaps the biggest contribution that women make to the
- Women’s health and poverty
o Women with good professional jobs are coming closer to parity.
o Women in low status or insecure work are becoming poorer?
- Women and HIV/AIDS
o Saskatchewan has the highest rate in Canada.
- Ongoing Gendered Violence
HIST 260 Course Themes
- Feminism-second and third wave
o Equality vs. equity, protection, tradition
o Specific issues:
Sexuality, sexual orientation