PSY 222 Lecture Notes - Lecture 15: Raymond Cattell, Gordon Allport, Tachycardia

17 views3 pages
17 Feb 2018
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

How do you know when you are anxious: sweating, increased heart rate physiological, raising thoughts cognitive, running out of the room behavioural. What do you do to cope with anxiety: breathing. Individual differences in coping strategies: problem-focused (i made a plan, emotion-focused (i looked on the bright side, avoidance (i wo(cid:374)"t thi(cid:374)k about the exa(cid:373)) General approach to coping known as coping style. Frustration defined as interference with goal-directed behaviour. Dollard (1939) suggests: every instance of frustration produces some tendency towards aggression, and every instance of aggression is preceded by some form of frustration. Cognitive processes lead to expression or nullification of anger leading to aggression. Based in object-relations theory: originally the idea that people serve as objects to satisfy libidinal drives, term in psychoanalysis for relationships with people. Result in working models or schemas which regulate and influence all close adult relationships. Secure style likely to have mutual intimacy. Avoidant may lack ability to offer care.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers