SLSC 350.3 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Canadian Environmental Assessment Act, Ecological Succession, Local Extinction

59 views2 pages
15 Apr 2019
School
Department

Document Summary

The canadian environment protection acts: it regulated toxic substances, reproduction, movement between provinces and territories, enforces compliance, import export. Canadian environmental assessment act: deal with major project impacts that fall into a federal jurisdiction. Have to have impacts that are wide reaching, sh, aquatic species, migratory birds, sometimes indigenous people (although applied at a provincial level) Species at risk act: intersects with conservation, species will change what you can or can not do. This act looks at species who are at risk. Special concern: at risk of becoming threatened or endangered. Environmental enforcement act: it increases the power of the federal government to enforce environmental issues. Canadian environmental quality guidelines: provides science based goals for the aquatic and terrestrial ecosystems. Duty of the mine operators to plan, implement and fund mine site reclamation and closure. How much can they release, how are they recycling it through the mine system, are they releasing contaminants in the water.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers