AFM280 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Emotional Contagion

49 views1 pages
Reflection #3
AFM 280
Billy Han
Norally he I’ i a group eiroet, I’ alays tryig to e the eergeti perso ith
the ability to motivate others to work harder while having fun. I try to seek out any discomfort felt by
my group members and address them promptly in a positive manner to alleviate their stress levels and
oost group effiiey. Durig our tie spet o the ase Just Wash Your Hads, I applied the
koledge that I’e leared durig the Eotioal itelligee orkshops to aage y eotios as
ell as y peers’ eotions. I continuously self-checked myself to stay aware of my emotional state. I
reminded myself to smile, make eye contact, and nod when other people were speaking to give them
my attention. People reacted to my effort by being more confident, showing physical symptoms such as
relaxed muscles and casual breathing. It was easy to tell from their facial expressions that they were
happy to contribute and be a part of this team because they consistently smiled with gave occasional
laughter. Sometimes, as I was speakig to gie ostrutie ritiiss, I heked y teaates’ faial
cues to see whether or not they were accepting my feedback. Most of the time, they showed a relaxed
face to demonstrate acceptance. Very rarely did I see a tensed-up face for a short duration of time and
that as eause they had to suppress their desire to speak sie I as’t fiished talkig. My
teammates were interested in what everyone had to say judging from their body position. They leaned
forward towards the table during discussios ad gae eral ues suh as true, yeah, ad agreed.
During one meeting, one of our team members was having a bad day, so he came with an
indifferent and zoned-out attitude. I tried to manage his emotions by being incredibly engaging and
distract him from his negative feelings. This relates back to modifying our own emotions to something
helpful such as empowerment of others. I told him to try his best to concentrate on this meeting, and
after we can grab some coffee and talk about life. I wanted to build a friendly relationship with him so
we can become closer friends as well as better teammates. As a result, he became much more
produtie tha he ould’e ee if he was left alone. Furthermore, he offered great alternatives to the
case and opened up more solutions.
From this experience, I strived to be the start of a positive emotional contagion and spread
happiness to my teammates. After seeing the impact of my decisions, it triggered self-motivation for me
to be even better in a group setting and help facilitate the emotions of my members.
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

This preview shows half of the first page of the document.
Unlock all 1 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

Nor(cid:373)ally (cid:449)he(cid:374) i"(cid:373) i(cid:374) a group e(cid:374)(cid:448)iro(cid:374)(cid:373)e(cid:374)t, i"(cid:373) al(cid:449)ays tryi(cid:374)g to (cid:271)e the e(cid:374)ergeti(cid:272) perso(cid:374) (cid:449)ith the ability to motivate others to work harder while having fun. I continuously self-checked myself to stay aware of my emotional state. I reminded myself to smile, make eye contact, and nod when other people were speaking to give them my attention. People reacted to my effort by being more confident, showing physical symptoms such as relaxed muscles and casual breathing. It was easy to tell from their facial expressions that they were happy to contribute and be a part of this team because they consistently smiled with gave occasional laughter. Sometimes, as i was speaki(cid:374)g to gi(cid:448)e (cid:272)o(cid:374)stru(cid:272)ti(cid:448)e (cid:272)riti(cid:272)is(cid:373)s, i (cid:272)he(cid:272)ked (cid:373)y tea(cid:373)(cid:373)ates" fa(cid:272)ial cues to see whether or not they were accepting my feedback. Most of the time, they showed a relaxed face to demonstrate acceptance.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers