AFM280 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Job Sharing

57 views1 pages
Reflection 4
Throughout these reflections, I have developed cognitive-based trust which overlapped
my initial affect-based trust. When I first found out about my group members, I was pleased
about them sie I’e heard their aoplishets i this progra ad stories of them from
mutual friends. Those stories left positive impressions on me, and so I decided to trust them
eause I liked the. As e opleted our ases oe after aother, I’e persoally experienced
their teamwork and decided that they possessed all three dimensions of cognitive-based trust-
ability, benevolence, and integrity. For the ability aspect, they were competent at reading the
cases beforehand and coming to meetings with their own analysis and input. When we were
working on our google doc file, the fundamental requirements were quickly filled which left us
a lot of time to discuss and replace what we had with more valuable information. As for
benevolence, I was able to tell that everyone wanted each other to succeed and not just
themselves. When we provided our own inputs, others gave us feedback to let us reflect on the
good and the bad sides of our ideas. This opened up room for improvements which triggered
my respect for them, leading to cognitive-based trust. Furthermore, they all have showcased
integrity because they were always on time for the meetings, and split the work equally.
Whenever someone finished their own parts, they offered to help others in order for our group
to be more efficient and effective. All of these actions and attitudes led me to have cognitive-
based trust for my members.
How I motived my teammates to have trust in me is by thinking about the star qualities
that I would like others to possess. I organized a group chat on Facebook to keep my
teammates updated about meeting times and other schedules. I also brought fruits and snacks
to our meetings to keep people happy and motivate them to give their best for our case
analysis. Just like my teammates, I tried to delegate the tasks fairly and always offered help
when I finished my own section. This tied to job sharing which helped to reduce their stress
levels if they had any. Furthermore, I spent the time with each of them because I wanted to
make everyone feel that they were an integral part of the team. When they saw my positive
behavioral support to care for their well-being, they developed their trust in me which
motivated me to maintain that level of trust and go even further beyond.
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

This preview shows half of the first page of the document.
Unlock all 1 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

Throughout these reflections, i have developed cognitive-based trust which overlapped my initial affect-based trust. When i first found out about my group members, i was pleased about them si(cid:374)(cid:272)e i"(cid:448)e heard their a(cid:272)(cid:272)o(cid:373)plish(cid:373)e(cid:374)ts i(cid:374) this progra(cid:373) a(cid:374)d stories of them from mutual friends. Those stories left positive impressions on me, and so i decided to trust them (cid:271)e(cid:272)ause i liked the(cid:373). As (cid:449)e (cid:272)o(cid:373)pleted our (cid:272)ases o(cid:374)e after a(cid:374)other, i"(cid:448)e perso(cid:374)ally experienced their teamwork and decided that they possessed all three dimensions of cognitive-based trust- ability, benevolence, and integrity. For the ability aspect, they were competent at reading the cases beforehand and coming to meetings with their own analysis and input. When we were working on our google doc file, the fundamental requirements were quickly filled which left us a lot of time to discuss and replace what we had with more valuable information.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers