ECON220 Lecture 1: Module 1- PACS 200

50 views2 pages
Module 1:
No graded activity
Module 2: Nursing Home Story
The insights this activity gave me is that conflict is natural hence why it is normal if it occurs.
Conflict can get bigger when people are not willing to accept each other and that is what
happened in this situation, so it is better to work it out in the beginning before it escalates.
Module 3: Cognition and conflict escalation:
This activity helped me understand circumstances where another person and I have had a deep
disagreement because it shows that you need to understand both sides of the situation and
understand where they are coming from before judging someone. Also before you do
something, think twice about it and reflect on the circumstances of your actions before coming
to the final assumption.
Module 4: Listening Exercises
The insight this brief conversation gave me is that in order to engage into a conversation, you
have to listen to the entire thing. Once you listen then you will be able to observe and take what
they said into consideration.
Module 5: Access your use of styles
After doing this activity I realized my conflict style is accommodation because I get emotionally
restrained when speaking. This method is not as good because it is the indirect regarding of the
conflict which could make the conflict last longer.
Module 6: Is this an apology?
There is an immense difference between a fake apology and a real one, when I apologize I am
always sincere. When I give a sincere apology it makes it easier for the other person to accept it
and forgive me but depending on what the mistake I have done is will contradict the amount of
time may be taken for the person to fully accept me.
Module 7: Forgiveness
This activity helped me understand forgiveness even more. Depending on what the mistake is, it
can be a lengthy process due to the emotions that that are involved.
Module 8: Conflict Analysis
I y oflit that I had ritte aout, there as a third party ho as the C positio, i
other ords the ediator. The C positio helped us resole the prole y helping me
acknowledge what had actually happened and who the victim was.
Module 9: Sources of Conflict
This activity not only assisted me with understanding the conflict and perception I had but also
the interests and relationships of the other party which inflicts their reasoning. When I listed as
many primary conflict drivers as I possibly could I came to the conclusion that where we come
from is different and that it is okay to have different views on things.
Module 10: Bullying Dance
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

This preview shows half of the first page of the document.
Unlock all 2 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

Module 2: nursing home story: the insights this activity gave me is that conflict is natural hence why it is normal if it occurs. Conflict can get bigger when people are not willing to accept each other and that is what happened in this situation, so it is better to work it out in the beginning before it escalates. Also before you do something, think twice about it and reflect on the circumstances of your actions before coming to the final assumption. Module 4: listening exercises: the insight this brief conversation gave me is that in order to engage into a conversation, you have to listen to the entire thing. Once you listen then you will be able to observe and take what they said into consideration. Module 5: access your use of styles: after doing this activity i realized my conflict style is accommodation because i get emotionally restrained when speaking.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers