CNPS 365 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Aaron T. Beck, Cognitive Restructuring, Cognitive Therapy

101 views9 pages

Document Summary

Under the umbrella of cbt: albert ellis" relational emotive behaviour therapy, aaron beck"s cognitive therapy, meichenbaum"s cognitive behaviour modification, pedesky"s strength-based cognitive behaviour therapy. Other types of cbts: trauma-informed cbt, brief cbt, mindfulness-based cbt (mcbt, dialectical behaviour therapy, acceptance and commitment therapy, cognitive-affective-relational-behaviour therapy, emotion-focused cbt. Albert ellis: developed approach to help himself. A = activating event: a = activating event. Irrational beliefs lead to unhealthy negative emotions: psychic pain and discomfort, motivate self-defeating behaviours, prevents behaviour necessary to achieve goals, lead to dysfunctional thinking, rational beliefs about difficult/disappointing situations lead to healthy negative outcomes. Irrational beliefs: developed from signification others during childhood and re-create beliefs throughout lifetime. We maintain our own irrational beliefs: can be core beliefs they have about themselves and/or the world, some examples, i must have love or approval from all the significant people in my life . I must perform important task completely and perfectly .

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers