English (336)
ENGL 112 (77)

ENGL 112: January 21, 2013

3 Pages
Unlock Document

University of British Columbia
ENGL 112
Peter Mahon

ENGL 112 Strategies for University Writing January 21 2013 Abstract Every proposal even very brief ones should have an abstract Some readers read only the abstract and most readers rely on it initially to give them a quiz overview of the proposal and later to refresh their memory of its main points Though it appears first in a research proposal the abstract should be written last as a concise summary approximately 120150 words of the proposed projects research question its objectives and its methodsThe abstract should appear on a page by itself Determining if the research topic will work Whether research has been done is it a viable topic etcThe abstract provides the reader with hisher first impression of the research project and by acting as a summary frequently provides the reader with hisher last English 11204M in subject for emails The research proposal will change as the research and analysis begins Deter from completely changing the topic or direction of the research paper If this happens please consult the prof SAMPLE The research topic I have chosen focuses on the Canadian mental health system and homelessness Specifically I want to explore how Vancouver as a community addresses the problem of homelessness
More Less

Related notes for ENGL 112

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.