KIN 361 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Good Samaritan Law, Informed Consent, Haemophilia

67 views2 pages
5 Sep 2018
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Kin 361 introduction to athletic training lecture 2. The (cid:862)good a(cid:373)arita(cid:374)(cid:863) law protect people from liability if unintended consequences result from their assistance. **we should only assess the injury but never make any diagnosis (let the doctor diagnose the injury) We can ask the same questions as the doctor. We can do the same assessment as the doctor. We (cid:272)a(cid:374) say (cid:862)i thi(cid:374)k it(cid:859)s this, (cid:271)ut i(cid:859)(cid:373) (cid:374)ot e(cid:374)tirely sure(cid:863) If the athlete disagrees the doctor, he/she should seek for second opinion. The doctor could be wrong, but the athlete should not do anything contradictory with what the doctor said. Liability negligence: from errors of omission or not doing something a reasonably prudent person would have done, from errors of commission or doing something a reasonably prudent person would not have. Not sustaining vital organs; not withdrawing an injured athlete done. Do(cid:374)(cid:859)t do it if you are i(cid:374) dou(cid:271)t (always listen to the little voice inside your head)

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers