Feb 27.pdf

1 Page

Department
Philosophy
Course Code
PHIL 102
Professor
Dominic Mc Iver Lopes

This preview shows half of the first page. Sign up to view the full page of the document.
Description
1. background 2. moral saints 3. moral theory 4. payoff moral POV: I’m one person among many, nothing special, everyone else deserves good just as much as I do. I have to take that into account in my behaviour, act upon this knowledge POV ‘individual perfection’: I’m concerned with what kind of life is an excellent life for me individually 1. if it’s correct to privilege the moral POV then it’s always better to be morally better 2. it’s not always better to be morally better 3. so it’s a mistake to privilege the moral POV premise 2.a: some good things are not morally better to pursue 2.b: they’re better to pursue ▯ 2.a i): some activities are not morally good ▯ 2.a ii): these activities conflict with morality ▯ 2.a iii): so moral saints can not participate in the activities ▯ these activities are practical and go against the grain of morality ▯ ▯ -eg. off-colour humour a moral saint is someone whose every action is m
More Less
Unlock Document

Only half of the first page are available for preview. Some parts have been intentionally blurred.

Unlock Document
You're Reading a Preview

Unlock to view full version

Unlock Document

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit