SOCI 217 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: List Of Fables Characters, Blind Experiment, Autism

40 views5 pages
30 Apr 2015
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Think of project on this topic using different kinds of methods. Guests talked about it and their fears of giving their children this vaccine. 1998 paper in well known/top medical journal - lancet. Argued they found link between mmr vaccine and autism. Large samples came out later and failed to find connections. Doctors say vaccinations are safe and well tested. Companies spend a lot of money producing vaccines so they must be safe. Celebrity said it"s bad so i think its bad. My mother had me vaccinated and i"m okay. Relying on info from a journal or study. Scientific process that distinguish social research form other ways of forming knowledge. Data are the empirical evidence one gathers according to specific rules/procedures. Empirical evidence refers to observations that people experience through the senses. Come up with this before deciding on methodology. Something that will fill a gap in society. So that you can reject or confirm your question.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers