Biology Group 4 Project
How can exercise improve the physical fitness?
Physical Exercise is the performance of some activity to develop or maintain
physical fitness or overall health. Exercise is grouped into 3 kinds depending on
the effect they have on the human body:
-Flexibility exercises such as stretching that help to improve the range of
motion of muscles and joints.
-Aerobic Exercises such as walking and running.
-Anaerobic Exercises weight training, functional training.
Given below are the various workout equipments found in the gym and how
they help improve the physical fitness.
1. Treadmill- A sporting equipment used for running without moving any
distance. It has the following advantages:
- Known speeds at all times of the run, and being able to change speeds as
-Running or walking on a treadmill can be an effective way to workout
compared to other complex cardiovascular exercises.
Its disadvantages are:
- Many users find treadmills boring and lose interest after a period.
- May cause personal injury if not used properly.
2. Weights- Weight is a common type of strength training for developing the
strength and size of skeletal muscles. A weight machine is an exercise machine
used for weight training that uses gravity as the primary source of resistance,
and a combination of simple machines to convey that resistance to the person
using the machine.
3. Exercise Bicycle- It is a stationary bicycle used as exercise equipment
and not for transportation. An exercise bike has been a long time
favorite in the rehab clinics because of the low-impact cardiovascular
exercise it provides.
It allows you to perform safe, as well as an effective cardiovascular
exercise. The low-impact movement involved in operating an exercise
bike does not put much stress on your joints and does not involve herky-
jerky motions that some other fitness equipment may require.