CCT224H5 Lecture Notes - Lecture 7: Brand Awareness, Starbucks, Corporate Social ResponsibilityPremium
by Hao Liu
2 pages41 viewsFall 2017
DepartmentCommunication, Culture and Technology
This preview shows half of the first page. to view the full 2 pages of the document.
Week 7 – Non-Financial Indicators
What are they:
• Various indicators that a company uses to tell if it is doing well or not
o Customer service
▪ Affects customer loyalty
o Online feedback
o Social media
▪ Trending on Twitter
▪ Employees blogging
▪ Social listening
o Corporate beliefs and political opinions
o Corporate social responsibility
o Ethical and environmental responsibility
▪ Body Shop – no animal testing
o Aesthetic appeal – how it looks and feels
Professor R.S. Kaplan of Harvard Business School in The Evolution of Management
“….. if senior managers place too much emphasis on managing by the financial
numbers, the organization’s long term viability becomes threatened”
Corporate Social Responsibility
• What are some positions that a company has towards social, cultural, and ethical
o No animal testing
o Using green energy (renewable)
o Fair Trade
o Paying employees fairly
o Paternal/maternal leave
o Changing attitudes about diversity
o Having suppliers who are reputable and treat their workers fairly
• How do they go about outworking them?
Customer Lifetime Value (CLV)
• How does the company provide customer service?
• Is it creating CLV?
• It is more expensive to acquire new customers than it is to retain old customers
You're Reading a Preview
Unlock to view full version
Loved by over 2.2 million students
Over 90% improved by at least one letter grade.