ES 200 Lecture Notes - Lecture 8: Peak Oil, Tillage, Pyrolysis

65 views4 pages

Document Summary

This chapter will consider the 4 main challenged that highlight our disparity: climate change, freshwater depletion, peak oil, rising demand for livestock. Ea(cid:272)h are i(cid:373)porta(cid:374)t (cid:271)ut they"re (cid:374)o e(cid:374)tirely disti(cid:374)(cid:272)t of o(cid:374)e a(cid:374)other, keep i(cid:374) (cid:373)i(cid:374)d the interconnections between them and other global predicaments. Primary food production exerts lots of enviro impacts, land use and land change to consumption of resources and generation of wastes. All components of agri food system emit greenhouse gases, what we eat has more impact than anything else. Countries around world vary in agriculture and farming systems, this creates diff amounts of emissions. Natural greenhouse effect us positive on earth but enhanced greenhouse effect is due to high atmospheric greenhouse gases like co2, methane and nitrous oxide. These gases absorb radiation from earths surface and warms atmosphere. Ecidence shows 12 of the warmest years within past 150 have been in past 13 years.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers