PSYC 335 Lecture 14: Psyc 335 Oct 14

40 views3 pages

Document Summary

Self-identity: 0-2 year, recognize ourselves as individual entities, separate and different from others, name. Self-esteem: 2-4 year, comes a time when we recognize that we have value to others and to ourselves, especially tied to continuing development of our competencies. !1: impression i make on others, look , social esteem, status, sexual identity, beginning of conscience, ideal self, and persona. Rational coping: 6-12 (predominantly, develop their abilities to deal w/ life"s problems rationally and effectively. Propriate striving: >12, self as goals, ideals, plans, vocations, callings, sense of direction, culmination of propriate striving is the ability to say that i am the proprietor of my life (i am the owner and operator) There are considerable cognitive competencies in the rst months of life: not time, space, etc. In language, human infants are even better learners than adults. Cooing (universal) > babbling (can see speci cation) > rst words by the end of. Rst year- multiword utterances w/ substantial vocabulary @ 2.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers