WRIT 109 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Philip Seymour Hoffman, Catherine Keener, Harper Lee

28 views2 pages

Document Summary

Film based on the biography, of the same name, by gerald clarke. Note: we are introduced to capote as he regales an audience; don"t need words; the milieu, manhattan in contrast to rural kansas. Note william shawn; editor; and note harper lee on the train. Note how observant and focused capote is, watching behavior/language. Note how capote does not fit into kansas; lee knows how to adapt. It"s the hardest, when someone has a notion of you and it"s impossible to convince them otherwise. (capote) Note the creative process between capote and lee. Adaptation; in real life, capote and lee were not invited to the dewey"s but to another couple"s; compression. Observe various visual clues to capote"s relationship to perry. I can"t finish the book until i know what happens. (capote) I was so ashamed. (perry to capote re: mr. clutter) At least for now you should try and pretend you"re having a good time tonight. (jack to.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers