MGMT 3000 Lecture Notes - Lecture 7: Social Comparison Theory, Organizational Culture, Milgram Experiment

88 views4 pages

Document Summary

Moral framing strategies: denial of responsibility, the actors engaged in corrupt behavior perceive they have no other choice than to participate, ex. It"s not my business what the company does: denial of injury, the actors are convinced that no one is harmed by their actions; hence the actions are not corrupt, ex. No one was harmed, could have been worse: denial of victim, the actors counter any blame for their actions by arguing that the violent party deserved what happened, ex. They deserved to, they chose to participate: social weighting, the actors assume two practices that moderate the saliences of corrupt behavior, 1. I can use the internet for personal reasons at work during work hours, i work overtime. People of the lie: task force barket, no military success, sustained injuries from booby trap, generally felt that the civilians aided the vietcong, army intelligence indicated that vietcong were being harbored by villages of mylai, march 16, 1968.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers