ADMS 3210 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Cheeseburger, Problem Solving, Mass Communication

63 views5 pages

Document Summary

Attitude: a lasting general evaluation of people, objects or issues. Why form attitude: utilitarian: an attitude to help seek out rewards (basic principles of reward vs. punishment). We can develop an attitude toward a product simply on the basis of whether it provides pleasure or pain. (i. e. I love the taste of a cheeseburger attitude): value-expressive attitude: expresses my values (i. e. People who drive harley davidson: ego-defensive: we might like something because it makes us feel good or safe attidues that are formed to. Protect the person, from external or internal threats. (manly ad"s that might appeal to insecurities about masculinity): knowledge: attitude formed as result of a need for order, structure or meaning. Marketers identifying the benefits of the product on packaging. Attitudes have three components: affect: what you feel about an attitude object, behaviour: what you do, cognitive: beliefs a consumer has about an attitude object.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers