SOCI 1010 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Social Inequality, Structural Functionalism

94 views2 pages

Document Summary

Hw: different between inequality and equity via a image video. Core idea of sociology, we are shaped by other people around us. > might be a personal decision, but it is also a profound sociological decision. > private moment, thinking they are making a free decision, but they are really embedded in a structure of life that shapes us even the most private personal actions. Our problems are not our problems, its everyones problem. My thoughts and concerns are the same as others. The groups i am the most connected with might be invisible. Members of an invisible tribe aka there are others going through the same thing. Wisdom of sociology, i am humanity we are humanity. *experienced differently depending on the culture u are in* sociology. Two way arrow, we influence each other. We are impacted by the structural forces around us. However i can make decisions for myself; we have agency three core foci of sociology: social inequality.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers