PSY-1200 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Subtractive Color, Sound, Visual Cortex

42 views4 pages
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

Perception: selection, organization, and interpretation of sensory input. Psychophysics: the study of how physical stimuli are translate into psychological experience. (cid:449)i(cid:373)(cid:373)i(cid:374)g i(cid:374) a sea of physi(cid:272)al sti(cid:373)uli that our (cid:271)ody (cid:272)a(cid:374)"t pro(cid:272)ess. Thi(cid:374)gs (cid:449)e use for se(cid:374)se are a(cid:272)(cid:272)essory"s. In sensation, transformation of stimulus energy into neural impulses. Phototransduction: conversion of light energy into neural impulses that brain can understand. Colors we see may not actually be what we see. Green is a contrast our brain made up, becomes consistent when our brains comes into constant contact with it. Colors can look more vibrant as we turn up the brightness. Adding primary colors of light creates other colors, such as yellow. Where all the colors overlap, the color is white, this is the surface where all colors are reflected. Mixing carrying amounts of three paint colors: red, blue, yellow to create other colors. The darker the colors mixed together the closer to black the resulting color.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers