PSY-2700 Lecture 3: Characteristics of a Behavioral Approach

15 views3 pages
18 Aug 2016
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Quality (rating: topography: frequency, number of instances a behavior occurs in a given period of time, rate b. i. Rates should be 1-4 to avoid being off the fence: topography: duration, how long a behavior lasts, relative duration b. i. Length of time a behavior occurs within some period: topography: intensity, force of a response, use various devices to measure force b. i. Strength: topography: stimulus control, behavior occurs in the presence of certain stimuli and not others, high correlation between occurrence of stimuli and response, topography: latency, amount of time between stimulus and response a. i. Ex: alarm clock: topography: quality, how well an activity is performed a. i. Arbitrary designation of one or more of characteristics of behavior a. ii. Assumes problems are learned and can be altered through learning based strategies. You"re going to be engaging out in the real world. Uses research technology to assess and answer accountability demands. Not very reliable due to memory and bias.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers