CRJ 308 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Self-Control, Main Source, Ritualism In The Church Of England

43 views5 pages

Document Summary

Learning theories - argues that people learn criminal behavior a. Criminal behavior is learned in intimate personal groups a. i. 1. c. i. From a parent or sibling, not tv a. i. 1. d. Motives are learned from definitions of law (favorable and unfavorable) a. i. 1. f. Favorable laws to crime influence more than unfavorable laws (this is the principle of this theory) a. i. 1. g. Associations may vary in: frequency, duration, priority, intensity a. i. 1. h. the learning of criminal behavior is the same process as regular learning a. i. 1. i. Criminal behavior is not explained by general needs and values, because non-criminal behavior can be explain with the same needs and values a. i. 2. No good explanation of favorable and unfavorable laws to crimes. (basically says propositions e & f is not defined enough ) a. i. 2. b. Does not describe the process of learning crime. a. i. 2. b. i. Akers addressed this issue in the social learning theory: akers social learning theory b. i.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers