ECON 2020 Lecture Notes - Lecture 7: Peanut Butter, Hot Chocolate, Economic Equilibrium

103 views6 pages

Document Summary

Econ 2020 lecture 7 notes problem set demand/supply situations (the following is found on canvas. Suppose we are analyzing the market for hot chocolate. Graphically illustrate the impact each of the following would have on demand or supply. Also show how equilibrium price and equilibrium quantity would change. (shown on graphs whether equilibrium price and equilibrium quantity will increase or decrease: winter starts and the weather turns sharply colder. My demand for hot chocolate increases because it"s cold and will warm me up, so the new equilibrium increases therefore prices go up as well. Demand will shift to the right: the price of tea, a substitute for hot chocolate, falls. If the substitute price goes down, i want to spend less so therefore, my demand for hot chocolate goes down. Demand will shift to the left: the price of cocoa beans decreases. The price of the input of hot chocolate goes down, so supply is affected.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers