HAMG 2330 Lecture Notes - Lecture 8: Mise En Place, Food Truck

148 views1 pages
22 Aug 2017
School
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Tell me about a time when you were motivated to do something. Why was your motivation? (cid:862)why a(cid:373) i here? (cid:863) is (cid:449)hat (cid:373)ost people ask the(cid:373)sel(cid:448)es i(cid:374) their lifeti(cid:373)e (cid:271)ut as a new cook at the westin. Hotel, it was a question that i desperately wanted to know the answer to. I was faced with many physical, mental and emotional challenges; pressure from all different directions, uncertainty, burns that stretched from my fingertips to my elbows, intense long hours and the stress from the demands of timing. The line begins to get behind on orders as the rail fills up, mise en place comes into question, banging pots and pans, slamming oven doors a(cid:374)d yelli(cid:374)g (cid:862)(cid:271)ehi(cid:374)d(cid:863) e(cid:448)ery 2 se(cid:272)o(cid:374)ds was a challenge in itself. But throughout this whole experience, i realized the constant improvement i was gaining as a cook that allowed me to become more motivated every day to be the best cook i could be.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers