POL 3005 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Enemy Combatant, Demonic Possession, Act For The Relief Of The Poor 1601

108 views2 pages

Document Summary

Political science: history of social welfare, ancient and religious roots, medieval history, mercantilism and the poor law labor market begins with the enclosure movement c. i. c. ii. Elizabethan poor law- 1602: elizabethan poor law of 1601, settlement- only in your community, family is the first step for support, provision by the local authority-county, worthy poor d. i. Mentally ill of all diagnosis e. iv. 1. f. e. iv. 1. g. e. iv. 1. h. to go. You name the type of person who has no place else e. iv. 1. i. e. iv. 1. i. i. Developmentally disabled: poor law comes to america, law of settlement a. i. Only available in place were you born: does not apply to b. i. The original inhabitants of the land the columbus stumbled upon(foreigners) Racist structure of american social welfare from beginning: land of opportunity c. i. Go to the frontier- no reason to need help. Indentured immigration: free immigration b, slave, settling of soldiers, dorthea dix, care of the mentally ill (mi) a. i.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers