PSYC2242 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Trait Theory, Theoretical Definition, Operational Definition

19 views4 pages
9 Sep 2018
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

For each statement, indicate how much you agree or disagree: Statements: it makes me sad to see a lonely stranger in a group. 3: people make too much of the feelings of animals. 2 (+2: i find public displays of affection annoying. 1 (+1: i am annoyed by unhappy people who pity themselves. 0 (0: i become nervous if others around me seem to be nervous. 1: i easily get involved in a friend"s emotional problems. Add them up after reversing #"s 2-4. Quiz: what are the two parts that make up a theory, concepts and propositions, what is the function of a theory, theories are the beginning, middle, and end of science. First: we need to conceptualize the behavior. Research presupposes a concept (and therefore a theory) Behavior is obedience: personality trait might be conformity. Behavior is aggression: personality trait might be tendency to anger. They thought of the personality trait as empathic tendency.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers