PSYC 1010 Lecture Notes - Lecture 7: Sleep Paralysis, Depressant, Alprazolam

117 views6 pages
16 Sep 2016
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Stream of consciousness- a continuous flow of changing sensations, images, thoughts, and feelings. Thoughts and feelings we have about our thoughts and feelings: metacognition (the self)- self-awareness of your own thoughts. Consciousness- awareness of external events and internal sensations under a condition of arousal. You use this to organize your behavior, thoughts, and feelings. Sense of self develops at age 18-24 moths. Individuals" understanding that they and others think, feel, perceive, and have private experiences: higher- level consciousness, controlled processes- mot alert state of consciousness a. i. Actively focus efforts towards a goal: executive functioning- capacity to harness consciousness and focus on specific thoughts while ignoring others b. i. Problem solving: lower- level consciousness, automatic processes- require little attention a. i. Do not interfere with other ongoing activities: daydreaming- level of consciousness between active conscious dreaming, altered state of consciousness, mental states noticeably different from normal awareness, can be caused by: b. i.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers