CAS AH 287 Lecture Notes - Lecture 28: Claude Monet, Brushstrokes, Paris Street; Rainy Day

22 views2 pages

Document Summary

It is not all color light and movement, but also dreariness and uniformity. Birds eye viewpoint, the random framing and deliberately unbalanced composition. Randomness of the casual glimpse at reality casual walker. Paris street, rainy weather: that (cid:449)e ha(cid:448)e e(cid:374)(cid:272)ou(cid:374)tered i(cid:374) degas(cid:859)s pai(cid:374)ti(cid:374)gs. This work is featured in the online catalogue caillebotte paintings and drawings at the art. This is the (cid:373)useu(cid:373)(cid:859)s third (cid:448)olu(cid:373)e i(cid:374) its s(cid:272)holarl(cid:455) digital series o(cid:374) the i(cid:373)pressio(cid:374)ist (cid:272)ir(cid:272)le. This catalogue offers in-depth curatorial and technical entries on the five works of art by gustave. The entries feature interactive and layered high-resolution imaging, videos, and previously unpublished technical photographs in addition to archival materials and documentation relating to each artwork. In his masterpiece, paris street; rainy day, gustave caillebotte brought an unusual monumentality and compositional control to a typical impressionist subject, the new boulevards that were changing the paris cityscape. The result is at once real and contrived, casual and choreographed.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers