CAS BI 260 Lecture Notes - Lecture 12: Oceanic Basin, Coral Triangle, Triangle Center

25 views2 pages

Document Summary

Biogeography study of distribution of speciesand ecosystems in geographic space. Biogeographicresearch trying to figure out where organisms go and land throughout lifetimes and geologic time and. A ecological componentmay set limits on the set of possiblespeciesfound in a particular area. Ii biodiversity variety of life on earth its genes species populations and ecosystems understand causes and values of biodiversity to society. Atemporal patterns of marine fossil families and genera has varied over time i general trend towards increasing biodiversity. B latitudinal gradient of shallow marine taxa increasestowardequator i most biodiverse at equator ii also can see between western eastern atlantic a most. Western atlantic more biodiverse of benthic species on coastal plane then shelf then abyssal. C global patterns of biodiversity i tropics are a cradle for biodiversity ii tropics are a museum iii out of the tropics. Ephylogeny evolution history of a group i phylogenetic tree relatedness of species stemming from common ancestor a sequence of speciation.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers