CAS HI 230 Lecture Notes - Lecture 10: Upton Sinclair, Federal Meat Inspection Act, Muckraker

23 views2 pages

Document Summary

Who is to blame for these conditions according to tarbell, to what extent are. According to tarbell, capitalism will function just fine without these large corporations. A case study of muckraking: the jungle (1906) a. ) Upton sinclair, theodore roosevelt, and the outer limits of muckraking i. ) Should we be lumping these two writers together? b. ) Prohibits mislabeled food and drug products, and that active ingredients be placed on a drug label. c. ) the meat inspection act i. ) Provided federal guidelines for the process of meatpacking. Banned uninspected meats, established sanitary standards. d. ) assessing the impact of the jungle i. ) Popular narratives of the jungle and social reform (1) beef industry had already been inspecting beef that had been slated for export but not the meats that were remaining in the domestic context. Roosevelt had already seen his troops in cuba die from poisonous meats and tried to punish the packers for this.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers