CAS PS 354 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: American Justice, Forensic Psychology, Confirmation Bias

33 views2 pages

Document Summary

Ps354-lecture 2: core problem in psychology, can"t study structure and function of mind directly, you indirectly measure based on outward behavior. Anecdotal or testimonial (this drug worked for me, so it will for you) or public info etc: t =test, how would an adequate test of the claim be designed. What is held out as the causal explanation for the claim. If there"s no feasible explanation not likely to be true. They"re just like you and me don"t have magical powers to know anything: no validity or reliability, confirmation bias, i stopped that guy because i had a bad feeling about him- not probable cause or reasonable suspicion. He could be right but that"s not enough: traditional clinical therapy is based on intuition but its increasingly moving towards both science and art. It is now being based more on scientific research methods. Intuition-based and science-based: psychologists are pervasive in the american justice system.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers