CAS RN 242 Lecture Notes - Lecture 19: British National Vegetation Classification, Mass Hysteria, Scapegoating

54 views1 pages

Document Summary

Critics say: despite the emergence of science,religion plays an important role in societies since the dawn of time. People are brought together by faith, as seen in sub-communities and the emergence of the enlightenment simply made major communities more secular, religion continue to remain a beneficial social center. My sources say: the enlightment and scientific revolution make a lot of people uncomfortable hence allowed witchhunts to take place. Evidence: european witchhunt emerge after the enlightenment, stronger anti-non- christian sentiment. What i want my essay to convey: witchhunts were a reflection of a fear of the unknown as people faith and politics separate. Response: it is a response to the separation faith and politics and a reflection of people"s fear for loss of authority. E(cid:373)erge(cid:374)ce of scie(cid:374)ce dri(cid:448)es apart (cid:862)(cid:373)agic(cid:863) a(cid:374)d organized religion. Critics: witchhunts were merely mass hysteria, scapegoat for economical and political failure. Sources: time period of witch hunts, sociology and psychology behind it.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers