SED SE 250 Lecture Notes - Lecture 19: Social Stories, Positive Behavior Support, Applied Behavior Analysis

31 views3 pages

Document Summary

2 core diagnostic categories: persistent deficits in social communication and social interaction. Because parents, teachers want the children to have friends: restricted, repetitive behaviors, interests, or activities. Oftentimes they want to have friends, but it is so hard for them. Even though it often looks like they don"t want to have friends. Sensory integration problems in 45-95% of individuals with asd. An interference in the efficient, effective use of movement that cannot be. Difficulties starting, stopping, combining, executing, continuing, and switching accounted for by paralysis or weakness movements. I have found in my experience that it is very hard for an autistic person to initiate relations with others. This does not mean that we do not desire communication. Instead our social rules are not socially acceptable . My friends know when i need time alone and when they need to get me out of my autistic mind and interact with the world around us .

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers