BIO 162 Lecture Notes - Lecture 13: Aldosterone, Hypothalamus, Testicle

23 views2 pages
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Ch 49 notes: hormones lecture notes: cell-to-cell signalling, autocrine signal a. i. a. ii. Released by cell and then binds to a receptor: paracrine signal b. i. b. ii. Released by a cell and affects nearby cells. Only flows in the extracellular fluid doesn t go to the blood stream signals can be both autocrine and paracrine: endocrine signal c. i. c. ii. c. iii. Released within the body into the bloodstream and send all over the body. Signals are called hormones: neural signal d. i. Sent between neurons and only affects the very few nearby nervous signals: neuroendocrine signals e. i. Huge amount of hormones that are produced by neurons that get sent to the bloodstream and get sent throughout the body: pheromones. Chemical signal that is released into the environment f. i. f. ii. Much more like an exocrine signal which signals another animal in a different species: what hormones do, major endocrine glands a. i. Connected to pituitary gland neurologically and through a blood vessel a. i. 3.