PSY 202 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Visual Cortex, Electric Generator, Storage (Memory)

73 views10 pages
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Common instigating causes of war (and of interpersonal aggression) a: threats to security and interests. Go to war when there is a perceived threat (ww1&2: conflict- perceived incompatibility between goals, values or beliefs c. i. Internal factor: what"s inside people making them to act differently than others b. Maladaptive competition: maladaptive responses to conflict in children and adults, ten year olds in urban societies engaged in maladaptive competition in conflict situations requiting cooperation. Give up the possibility to win and accept loss. Alternatives to military action: economic sanctions a. i. Refuse to buy/sell/trade with a country: positive incentives & friendly initiatives b. i. b. ii. If they do something we will do something good for them. Initiatives: just doing something positive not negotiation: negotiation- identifying interests & seeking integrative solutions c. i. Something that would meet interests of both sides c. ii. Compromise: third party involvement- mediation, arbitration, third side influence, nonviolent resistance e. i. Militaristic attitude: favoring military actions vs cooperative actions to deal with international.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers