PSY 202 Lecture Notes - Lecture 10: Operant Conditioning, The Hunting Ground, Dispositional Attribution

69 views20 pages
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Is there any excuse for falling asleep on the job? a. i. Biological clocks: rhythms that keep their own time in the body a. i. Plants: opening of leaves were independent of light and other factors a. ii. Plants keep identical rhythms in nature and in isolation: circadian rhythm once a day b. i. Not simply responses to environmental cues (darkness or temperature of room) b. iv. They have their own particular daily cycle b. iv. 1. These are close to but not exactly 24 hours b. v. They can be adapted to a 24 hour schedule when exposed to cues b. v. 1. These cues are called zeitgebers (german for time giver) b. vi. Without such cues, the organism reverts to its own internal cycle b. vi. 1. This is called free running (when you live without external c. Infradian cycle (less than once a day) cues) c. i. Hibernation: ultradian cycle (more than once a day) d. i. People volunteer to live in caves, underground bunkers for weeks on a time.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers