PLSC 27600 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Unification Of Germany, Nationstates, Fokker E.Ii

35 views4 pages

Document Summary

Class 1b jan 7 napoleonic wars and the great transformation : overview of the political order in europe, feudal order (prior to 1500) a. i. Up to 500 was the end of the roman empire a. ii. Instead there were a variety of political entities such as city states, duchies, kingdoms, feudal states: dynastic or absolute states (1500-1800) b. i. War and state formations: nation-states formation (1800-) c. i. Nationalism political beliefs that hold that a nation should have their own state c. i. 2. Nation a body of individuuals with characteristics that distinguish them from other groups c. ii. Social classes rise in importance: major wars in european history, thirty years (1618-1648, seven years (1756-1763) c. Industrialization: democracy, bureaucratization, warfare in the 18th century, composition of armies a. i. Originally officers were chosen from the aristocracy and they were dumb a. ii. Used a lot of mercenaries to compliment the dregs of society : strategy b. i.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers