PSY 210 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Likert Scale, 18 Months, Egocentrism

23 views4 pages
1 Sep 2016
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

The power of the situation on individuals (continued) Good lamps are the best police: darkness increases dishonesty and self-interested. Disinhibition- people can behave differently, and even uncharacteristically, because they"re anonymous. Piaget explanation- egocentrism is something that we never fully grow out of. Sunglasses = more likely to take more money, more selfish. Wearing sunglasses leads to the promotion of selfishness through perceived anonymity. The power of the situation is incredibly powerful; change the situations, and the behavior will change too. No reliable differences, but same-gendered group = less self-awareness. George hebert med (1913): emphasized society"s role and effect on the self. Self-concept- summary of our ideas, feelings, and attitudes about our identity. I am able to do things as well as most other people. I feel i do not have much to be proud of. There"s too much aggressive language, test is too subjective, varying in cultural significance. Can now use life experiences as a gauge.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers