EAS 1540 Lecture Notes - Lecture 28: Paul Raskin, Ecosystem Services, Great Transition

36 views5 pages

Document Summary

3) technology expressed in i = p x a x t. Sustainability the goal is to find the sweet spot that balances three needs: the need to protect the environment, the need for economic (including energy) development. 3) social justice within and among nations and future generations. For humans: the potential for long term maintenance of wellbeing depends on the wellbeing of the natural world and the responsible use of natural resources. Sustainable development: development that meets the needs of the present generation without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. I would say that this simple statement is one of the most important points. I hope you will take away from this class! In other words, if the ecological footprint (area) resulting from consumption by the entire global population exceeds the actual area of the planet, then we are withdrawing more from earth than earth can replenish current and projected global ecological footprint.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers