59 views2 pages
15 May 2018
School
Department
Course
Professor
Geography 329
1. Identify 3 main points of each reading
Sanderson speaks about the notion of nature to humans, how nature is something green and alive
amid all the artificial human-made things. He introduces the thought of how humankind has
become a part of natural life as well, the natural stream that used to run through the hilltops has
been replaced by the stream of a gutter which is commonly seen in man’s society. Sanderson
continues stating that like other animals, humans have constructed their habitat to help them live
and thrive in the world. This has been done by the manipulation of the environment around us so
that we may live comfortably and therefore change our more natural surroundings to our own
benefit. An example is the construction of buildings in which we can live without enduring the
harsh effects of weather and changing temperatures.
2. Identify the methods the author used to reach their conclusion
Since it is a blog post, there is no source given, but I would assume that Sanderson reached his
conclusion by comparing the works he referenced with his observations and compared the lives
of human beings to those of the plants observed.
3. What did you learn from the readings
I found that although much of society believes that nature and humanity are a separate item,
humanity has begun to be a part of natural life. We can start seeing a mirror between nature (or
our perception of nature) and our cities and the way we have manipulated our surroundings to
work well with our needs.
4. Identify the material you found challenging or had trouble understandings
At first, I had an issue with my concept of nature (all that is green and wild) to Sanderson’s
observation of nature. After reading the article and contemplating, I noticed that I have always
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

This preview shows half of the first page of the document.
Unlock all 2 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class