GEOG 329 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Khan Academy

48 views2 pages
15 May 2018
School
Department
Course
Professor
Identify 1-3 main points of each reading
The video goes over the importance of biodiversity. It points out three main ways that humans
use the environment. These services are through Direct services, Indirect services, and
Aesthetic and ethical effects. Direct services are done through things such as shelter and
medicine in which we use plants that are beneficial to us to build houses or create medicine.
Indirect services are done through the functions that benefit us around cities, such as wetlands
that can reduce harmful waste. The video points aesthetic and ethical effect as the most
important service. This is done through the value that biodiversity offers us and the importance
of our influence on the environment and the function of the ecosystem.
Identify the methods the author used to reach their conclusions
There is no direct identification of how the narrator reached his conclusions. It is a video from
the California Academy of Science. Therefore these conclusions may have been done through
observational studies.
What did you learn from the readings
I learned about the importance of our impact on biodiversity and what will be given to the
future generations if we do not take care of the environment.
Identify material you found new, challenging, or had trouble understanding.
I think, for the most part, I understood everything in the video (Khan Academy videos are very
easy to follow!). I guess one thing would be that I did not know of the existence of shrimp
farms.
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

This preview shows half of the first page of the document.
Unlock all 2 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

The video goes over the importance of biodiversity. It points out three main ways that humans use the environment. These services are through direct services, indirect services, and. Direct services are done through things such as shelter and medicine in which we use plants that are beneficial to us to build houses or create medicine. Indirect services are done through the functions that benefit us around cities, such as wetlands that can reduce harmful waste. The video points aesthetic and ethical effect as the most important service. This is done through the value that biodiversity offers us and the importance of our influence on the environment and the function of the ecosystem. Identify the methods the author used to reach their conclusions. There is no direct identification of how the narrator reached his conclusions. It is a video from the california academy of science. Therefore these conclusions may have been done through observational studies.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers